ACAD1 as Manila’s Pioneer in College Entrance Test Preparation.
“Being first has its advantages.”
ACAD1 began as Manila Philacademic Center in 2002 & started its first batch of UPCAT test preparation class in 2003. Thus, ACAD1 is considered as the first academic center to start UPCAT review classes in Manila. Founded by a young scholar from Manila Science High School and University of the Philippines - Diliman, ACAD1 has become a leader in college entrance test preparation, providing students with excellent, top of the class, quality test preparation at the most reasonable cost.
Important Facts to Know
Fact 1. Of the approximately 70,000 students who take the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT) each year, only about 7,000* are admitted into the university.
Fact 2. The Ateneo College Entrance Test (ACET) is different from any other college admission test and features a unique General Intelligence Test, a much more difficult Math Test, and has no Science Test.
Fact 3. Only about 15% of those who take the De La Salle University College Entrance Test (DLSUCET) and University of Sto. Tomas Entrance Test (USTET) qualify into the said universities.
*Admitted into UP Diliman & UP Manila campus only.
UPCAT pass rates for the past 5 years:
2013: 13,100 out of 83,000** applicants or 15.78%
2012: 12,700 out of 75,000 applicants or 16.9%
2011: 12,848 out of 73,000 applicants or 17.6%
2010: 13,000 out of 67,000 applicants or 19.4%
2009: 12,129 our of 62,111 applicants or 19.5%
**record-breaker for the number of applicants
Review Versus “Patterned Test” Review
To “review” means to re-study all the topics taught in high school, that is, from first-year to third-year level. That’s 244 school days in a school year times 3 years; thus, it would be impractical to discuss all these topics in a month or two, even if the number of hours is doubled. ACAD1 uses the more practical and more effective “patterned test” review wherein students are exposed to the actual test-taking conditions, exam format, test question type, time limits, and stress conditions.This system of instruction has been proven “more effective” and “more systematic” than a subject-discussion type of review.
Why choose ACAD1 among other test preparation centers?
- Our Consistent Track Record Through the Years . ACAD1 is proud to announce its list of passers every year which has been consistently high since it began in 2002. ACAD1’s record is truly remarkable through the years.
- Our Increased Passing Rate for UPCAT this 2014. ACAD1 boasts its performance in the latest UPCAT as it increased the passing rate* of 7 major schools that participated in its recent 2013 UPCAT Review classes. These are the following:
1. Las Piñas City National Science High School - increased by 76.92%
2. Makati Science High School - increased by 45.31%
3. Sen. Renato “Compañero” Cayetano Memorial Science & Technology High School - increased by 45%
4. Batasan Hills National High School - increased by 42.86%
5. Manila Science High School - increased by 35.71%
6. Pitogo High School - increased by 25%
7. Parañaque Science High School
8. Pasay City Science High School - increased by 130%
- Our Outstanding Academic Team. All of our instructors and professors are top graduates from University of the Philippines - Diliman and Science High Schools. They are experts in their respective fields of study and are even academic scholars during their residence in UP. Most of them have master’s or doctoral degrees and are also teaching as full-time professors in UP and Science High Schools.
- Most Practical & Best System of Instruction. Unlike the conventional teaching style in high school, our approach is based on the actual college entrance test formats. The main objective of the practice tests and simulated exams is to familiarize our students with the pattern of test questionnaires that are most likely going to come out in the actual exams.
- Most Complete & Updated Set of Test Preparation Materials & Questionnaires. Our review program is guaranteed to provide our students with the most complete set of materials that would help them hurdle the most competitive college admission tests. Our diagnostic test will gauge where our students stand before the start of the review and will make them aware of what needs to be improved during the course of the review. Our simulated test, on the other hand, will familiarize the students with the actual test-taking conditions, time limits, and kind of stress they may experience while taking the actual exams.
- Comprehensive & Up-to-date Simulated UPCAT. The Simulated Test covers Language Proficiency, Science Proficiency, Mathematics Proficiency, and Reading Comprehension. The review course also includes General Intelligence Test, Essay Writing Test, & Abstract Reasoning Test which are intended for ACET, DLSUCET, & USTET. Our materials are edited yearly in order to match the most recent college admission tests.
- Students’ Choice. ACAD1 is chosen by more students & even by class topnotchers. See our list of former students who graduated as class valedictorians and even passed UP, Ateneo, and La Salle entrance exams as Oblation scholars, as Director’s Listers, or as Star Scholars, respectively: https://www.facebook.com/notes/academic-one-review-and-tutorial-center/acad1-philacademics-outstanding-students/298032824021
- College Admission Tips & Strategies with Career Orientation & Counseling. Our class discussions include detailed explanations of every question type. Our instructors not only give the answers to every test questionnaire but they also provide the shortest and easiest way to answer each question type, especially in Math. Through this practical method, students are able to develop the right strategy for the right exam.
- Most Reasonable & Cost-Effective Registration Fee (inclusive of all review costs). Our review is based on quality instruction that can only be delivered by our highly competent instructors. Quality can not be measured by expensive books nor facilities but by a high quality system of instruction. Our reasonable registration fee of as low as P3,400 is still the lowest yet best valued in the industry.
- Free Refresher Before the Actual UPCAT & Optimized Student-Teacher Ratio per Class. Our free refresher sessions which are conducted a week before the actual UPCAT have been proven to be practical and beneficial by our former students.The purpose of the refresher session is to provide our students a quick recap of our review classes so they may quickly recall the concepts come the actual test. Our optimized class size also adheres with our high quality system of instruction.
- Most Convenient and Most Accessible Venues. All our classrooms are fully air-conditioned and well-maintained. Our review venues are very accessible and are along major roads. For driving directions & details of our review venues, please see the following links:
ACAD1’s Awards & Recognitions:
- 2014 Consumers Choice Award with Gold Seal of Quality citation for Most Outstanding Review & Tutorial Center. See: www.consumersaward.com www.worldexcellence.net
- 2013 TOP Brand Awards Review & Tutorial Center of the Year. See: http://qualitybrandphilippines.com/ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151694625322427.1073741833.60482757426&type=3
- 2011 TOP 3 Best UPCAT Review Center of the Year by academic-clinic website; Nominated the second time in 2012 as Best UPCAT Review Center of the Year.
- Resource Speaker/ Live Guesting on DZIQ 990 kHz Radyo Inquirer’s “IQ Para sa Kabataan” hosted by Jaemie Quinto and Jessica Mora. See link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150109859797427.289360.60482757426&type=1
- Interview on college entrance exams by UST Varsitarian, UST’s official student publication, June 2011 issue. See link: http://www.varsitarian.net/special_reports/20110610/no_need_to_intensify_ustet_admission_officials_say
- Special participation as resource speaker in various student conventions, Math/ Science camps, and others.
2014 REVIEW CLASS SCHEDULES* (12 comprehensive 4-hour sessions)
Summer Batch (includes a REFRESHER session a week before the actual UPCAT)
Batch I (April Batch)
- MWF: April 7 to May 5, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- TThS: April 8 to May 6, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Batch II (May Batch)
- MWF: May 7 to May 30, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- TThS: May 8 to May 31, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
* Register early in order to get your preferred schedule.
REGISTRATION FEES & DISCOUNTS!!!
(All inclusive of the review materials & review books)
- P 4,400 - individual enrollee
- P 3,900 (P500 discount) each member - granted to group enrollees with at least 5 members
- P 3,900 (P500 discount) each member - granted to students belonging to the Top 10 of their batch; also granted to public or Science high school** students
- only P1,000 down payment to register
**Science high schools as recognized by Department of Education (DepEd) and Department of Science and Technology (DOST). Private high schools with Special Science curriculum are not included in this category.
- Students belonging to the Top 10 of their batch must present a school certificate indicating their actual rank from the previous school year.
Guidelines for Group Discounts:
- Each group must submit the list of each member’s names in order to avail the discounted fees.
- A student can join only one group. A student joining more than one group in order to complete the required number of five is not allowed.
- Group members may not necessarily come from the same school.
- Group members may register on different days and may choose different venues and schedules.
- A representative may also register on behalf of the group.
Summer Batch Registration Days and Hours:
ACAD1-Manila 2 (STI College-Taft campus):
Class Schedules: Batch I & II only
Registration Period: March 1 onwards (except on April 19)
Saturdays only, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. onlyACAD1-Parañaque (Universal College of Parañaque, Sucat Road):
Class Schedules: Batch II only
Registration Period: March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, 26, & May 3
Saturdays only, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: Students may register at any of our venues regardless of their actual review venue. For example, a student who wants to attend classes at ACAD1-Parañaque may choose to register at ACAD1-Manila.
For convenience, students may also register via bank payment without the need to drop by personally at our registration venues. See: Registration Thru Bank Payment Procedure (Guarranteed Slots)below.
EARLY REGISTRATION PROMO!!!
Register early this January 4, 11, 18, & 25, Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at ACAD1-Manila (STI College Taft-campus)and avail the following discounted registration fees:
- P 3,900 (P500 discount) - individual enrollee
- P 3,400 (P1,000 discount) each member - granted to group enrollees with at least 5 members
- P 2,900 (P1,500 discount) each member - granted to public or Science high school** studentswith at least 5 members
- only P1,000 down payment to register- students who wish to join our other venues (e.g. Parañaque) may register at ACAD1-Manila in order to avail the discounted registration fees.
- Students may also choose to register via bank payment for guaranteed slots.
See: Registration Thru Bank Payment Procedure (Guarranteed Slots) below.
Batch III (June-August Batch)
ACAD1 Manila - Main: West East Center Taft-P.Faura
(8 comprehensive 4-hr sessions)
- SATURDAYS: June 21 to Aug 9, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- SUNDAYS: June 22 to Aug 10, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(7 comprehensive 4 1/2-hr sessions)
- SATURDAYS: June 28 to Aug 9, 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. only
Registration Fees and Discounts
(All inclusive of the review materials & review books)
- P 3,500 - individual enrollee
- P 3,000 (P500 discount) each member - granted to group enrollees with at least 3 members
- P 3,000 (P500 discount) each member - granted to students belonging to the Top 10 of their batch; also granted to public or Science high school students
Registration Days & Hours:
ACAD1 Manila - Main: West East Center Taft-P.FauraMonday to Saturday
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
ACAD1 Parañaque: Universal College of Parañaque, Sucat Road
June 23 to 27 only
Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Late enrollees may still be accommodated subject to availability of slots.
- Students may register earlier during summer; however, early registration discounts will not apply.
Tentative Dates of 2014 College Entrance Tests*:
- UP - August 16 & 17, 2014
- UST - Batch I: August 24, Batch II: September 28, Batch III: November 9, Batch IV: December 7, 2014
- Ateneo - September 20 & 21, 2014
- De La Salle - October 5, 12, & 19, 2014
*subject to change per university’s change of academic calendar for A.Y. 2014-2015
REGISTRATION & REVIEW VENUES
Unit 410, West East Center, Taft Ave., near cor. P. Faura St., Ermita, Manila
Landmarks: between KFC and Manila Astral Tower, across UP-PGH, g/f is Mercury Drug, near Manila Science High School and Supreme Court.
2nd Flr, Universal College of Parañaque, 8273 Dr. A. Santos Ave., Sucat Road, Parañaque City
Landmarks: Near Evacom/ Liana’s Supermarket, alongside Puregold, Jr., across Yamaha
ACAD1 Partner Schools
(for schedules and registration details, please contact ACAD1’s hotline numbers)
31st cor. 51st Sts., Pamayanang Diego Silang, Taguig City
Gen. E. De Leon St., Sto. Niño, Parañaque City
Carnival Park St., BF Resort Village, Talon II, Las Piñas City
M. Ignacia St., Malate, Manila
How to Register:
1. Choose your preferred batch, schedule, and venue subject to availability of slots. You may verify the availability of slots by contacting us at 781-0153 or 0905 3581150.
2. Call, text, or e-mail your information*:
*For phone reservations, provide us your full name, school, contact information (preferably 1 land-line number, 1 mobile phone number, and/or an e-mail address, if any) and your preferred batch, schedule, and venue.
*For text reservations, Text FULL NAME/SCHOOL/CONTACT NOS/SCHEDULE/VENUE to (0905)3581150
Ex. Vince Reyes/ Makati Science High School/ 7810153/ Batch 1 MWF 8-12/QC
*For e-mail reservations, please indicate on the subject field: 2014 UPCAT Review Online Reservation
In the body of the e-mail, simply indicate your name, school, contact details, schedule, and venue. Please wait for an e-mail confirming your reservation.
3. Register personally or through a representative at our registration venues during our registration days and hours.
4. Bring the ff. requirements: 2 pcs. identical 1x1 photos (recently taken) and photocopy of 3rd yr/ 4th yr. High School ID. For top 10 students of the batch, a school certificate indicating your actual rank from the previous school year’s standings will be required. Discounts will only be granted once a school certificate has been presented.
5. Pay the non-refundable registration fee in full or at P1,000 down payment to officially enroll. Balances must be settled on the first day of review classes. Check payments must be addressed payable to Acad One Review & Tutorial Center. You may also settle the balance through bank payment (see the procedure below) and present us your deposit slip upon start of review classes.
Registration Thru Bank Payment Procedure (Guaranteed Slots):
1. Choose your preferred batch, schedule, and venue subject to availability of slots. Verify the availability of slots by calling ACAD1’s hotline numbers: 781-0153 or (0905) 3581150.
2. Visit any of the following banks nearest you and pay the registration fee or down payment over the counter:
Account Name: Acad One Review & Tutorial Center
Savings Account No: 1413-0030-04
For BPI Bank branch locations, please see: http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/prodserv.nsf/Pop-Ups/BranchesSearch
SECURITY BANK SAVINGS*
Account Name: Acad One Review & Tutorial Center
Current Account No: 2030-R07224-001
Branch: U.N. Avenue
For Security Bank Savings branch locations, please see: http://www.securitybanksavings.com/branches/
*Make sure you are visiting the “SAVINGS” Bank of Security Bank. The logo of the branch should indicate the word “Savings” at the bottom part; otherwise, you are in a Security “Commercial” Bank and you will not be able to search for our account.
3. Scan and e-mail the deposit slip to email@example.com with the subject: “2014 UPCAT Review Online Registration thru Bank Payment” indicating the following details:
- Student’s Full Name: Last Name/ First Name/ Middle Name
- Complete name of the school
- BPI or Security Bank Savings branch where the deposit has been made
- Date and amount of the deposit
- Review Batch/ Schedule/ Venue
Then kindly wait for an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours. Follow the instructions indicated in the e-mail and download the attached registration forms for you to fill out and submit on the first day of classes.
OR you may simply call us directly at 781-0153 or text (0905) 3581150 and provide us the above details.
4. Bring the original deposit slip and accomplished registration forms (for e-mail registration) on the first day of classes.
(0905) 3581150 Globe
Follow us on twitter:
ACAD1 is not in any way affiliated or in partnership with any other review or tutorial center, college, university, or institution. Likewise, no school, college, or university has authorized any individual, group, or entity to conduct review classes for their respective entrance exams. But attending ACAD1’s college entrance test review classes is not in any way illegal.
ACAD1’s exclusive publications: